Monday, June 27, 2016

It's been awhile

It's been a while since my mom has seen me cry.

It's been a while since my dad had put his arm around.

It's been a while since I had someone not in a family that loved me.

It's been a while..........

It's been a while since I felt this low.

It's been a while since I saw my friends face when he left. I was wearing Pj's and he was in a suit.

It's been a while since I heard his laugh.............

Yeah it's been a long while........

I love my mom
I love my dad
I love you all so very much
I don't like being this low
I miss him so much
And I need another good laugh.....

2 comments:

  1. I cherish

    I cherish you
    I cherish your laugh
    I cherish your smile
    I cherish your happiness
    I cherish all of you

    but

    I don’t know how to cherish your tears
    I don’t know how to cherish your heartbreaks
    I don’t know how to cherish the darkness that’s eating you
    I don’t know how to cherish your sadness
    Or your anger
    your loneliness
    Or your pain.

    I don’t know how,

    I question if I really do cherish you then.
    Because if I can’t cherish your dark
    then what right do I have to cherish your light?
    I try to give you hugs, and try to pull you in my own light,
    Try to get you to smile, to laugh, to be!
    I don’t think I’ve seen you genuinely smile for
    A while
    ….
    It’s been a while…..

    How long was it that I said “I love you?”
    I know I say it almost every night
    But do you believe it?
    I know I love you
    And it’s true.

    I might not know how to handle your darkness
    But I can try,
    I might not know your pain
    But I can help,
    I might not know your loneliness
    But I’m here.

    Because I cherish you.
    And I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the concept behind this poem. Might have to steal it.
    "It's been awhile."

    ReplyDelete